Monday, January 30, 2012

Warning Explosion Imminent

I believe in staying well caffeinated at work. Thus I occasionally drink Coke (for you southerners when I say "Coke" I mean the brand not the generic term for soda). So I keep a little stash of cans in our mini fridge at work. For two years this has never been a problem. Today I receive the following email: Could the person who kept the can of Coke Zero in the mini fridge please clean it up as there has been an explosion. "Hahaha, now who's being overly dramatic?", I thought. I could not have been more wrong. Explosion is the only way to describe the travesty that was my can of soda. Apparently the mini fridge having had enough of being at "normal" temperature decided it was time to get a little chilly. Slowly and steadily my fizzy drink was locked into ice crystals. When the pressure was too much the entire top (keep in mind this is a can) burst off gushing the sugary goodness all over the fuselage. The carnage was great. Not only was the beverage wasted but the collateral damage included a tub of hummus, two expired yogurts, and a half eaten biscuit. Saddened and still in shock I began to clean up the wreckage. I cried a little when I found the remnants of the can's top in a crumbled ball at the back of the refrigerator. With in minutes the mayhem was cleaned and nearly forgotten, the only sign of the tragedy is a small crack on the side of the door. May we never forget the loss of the Coke Explosion.

1 comment:

  1. My greatest sadness is over the tub of hummus. It seemed dire that the fridge be cleaned anyway - with TWO expired yogurts. I am sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete